♦ Application Guide
- Applicants must enroll as a full-time undergraduate student of the Chu Hai College of Higher Education.
- Details of Application:
|Upcoming Application Period*||Application Method|
|Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the dormitory application will not open to newly admitted students for semester 1 . The next application period will be announced by early December.
* The upcoming application will be for the semester 2 dormitory.
3. To apply, please submit supporting documents through online application：
– A copy of residential address proof document issued in the last 3 months bearing the applicant’s name, such as bank statements or tenancy agreement. Applicants may also submit a copy of their parents’ residential address proof (e.g. utility bill), together with a copy of an applicant’s birth certificate.
*Non-local students who currently live in the student dormitory please provide one of the following supporting documents:
1. Copy of resident card;
2. Copy of 2019-20 semester 2 residence fee receipt;
3. Copy of 2019-20 semester 2 residence fee debit note
– An ID photo:
Image type: JPEG
File Size: 600 Kbytes or below
– Captured by scanner (600dpi) – Photograph size: 40mm (W) x 50mm (H)
– Captured by digital camera – Image size: 1200px (W) x 1600px (H)
– Academic record certificates
– Other supporting documents (if any)
4. Applicants are advised to read the Rules and Regulations governing the student residence before submitting their applications. If applicants decline an offer, the College will reserve the right to process their future applications.
5. Residential Period for current Local Students (LS) and Non-Local Students (NLS): from 28 August 2020 to 19 May 2021.
– Residential period in semester 1: from 28 August 2020 to 22 December 2020
– Residential period in semester 2: from 23 December 2020 to 19 May 2021
6. Payment of residence fees (per person) in Academic Year 2020-21:
|Room Types||Monthly rental||Daily Rental*
*(for a period less than a calendar month)
|Semester 1 Fees||Semester 2 Fees|
|(Residence fee, HKD 1,000 residence deposit and HKD 200 resident activity fee included)||(Residence fee, HKD 200 resident activity fee included)|
|HKD 2,200||HKD 70||HKD 9,620||HKD 10,960|
(Single Bed and Bunk Bed)
|HKD 1,800||HKD 60||HKD 8,160||HKD 9,080|
7. Residence admission results: Successful applicants will be notified of residence admission results via the CH student email. Non-refundable residence fees are payable in two installments:
- Payment period for the 1st installment: To be confirmed.
- Payment period for the 2nd installment: To be confirmed.
8. Current local and current non-local applicants who are offered a place must complete payment of residence fees on or before the specified deadline, or they will be treated as self-withdrawal.
9. A residence deposit of HKD 1000 must be paid together with the 1st installment of the residence fees. The residence deposit will be refunded after check-out. The deposit will be forfeited for late check-out.
10. A resident activity fee of HKD 200 will be charged per 1st and 2nd semester of the residence period. This fee is payable for dormitory activities organized by the Student Affairs Office and is non-refundable irrespective of whether or not the resident has attended any of the activities.
11. Application for early check-out or extension of stay until 16 June 2021 is available for those with academic needs. Application must be filed one month in advance of original check-out date with supporting documents. Residence fees will be charged on a daily basis.
12. Residence fees are non-refundable and non-transferable in the case of deferment or withdrawal from the college.
13. With medical certificate, residents who are unfit to live in the dormitory due to health conditions may apply for termination of residence. Such applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
14. For local students, residence admission is allocated based on a Point System. The College reserves the right to allocate the admission.
|Travelling time between the college and home of applicant. Please refer to the fastest travelling time (*except special departures) via the “Hong Kong eTransport” website at www.hketransport.gov.hk/.||70|
|Year to Promote||20|
|Applicant’s participation in college activities (with supporting documents)||Maximum 20 points|
|Student Union (3 points will be achieved per academic year)||Max. 12 points|
|Academic Associations (2.5 points will be achieved per academic year)||Max. 10 points|
|Interest Groups (2 points will be achieved per academic year)||Max. 8 points|
|Varsity (2 points will be achieved per academic year)||Max. 8 points|
15. By discretion and with supporting documents, a maximum of 10 bonus points will be given to applicants with outstanding GPA, awards and on or off campus voluntary service.
16. Application for residence due to medical needs must be submitted together with a medical certificate. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
17. Check-in arrangements for current non-local and local students will not be scheduled until further notice.
18. Results of room and bed place assignment will be released upon check-in. Request for room or bed place swapping unless under special circumstances, will not be entertained .
19. Unsuccessful applicants in the first round will be placed on the waiting list. Notification will be made when vacancies arise.
20. Applicants are responsible to inform the Student Affairs Office immediately of any modification on their applications. Incomplete information or submission of required documents will result in the application not being processed.
21. Personal Information Collection Statement: Personal data collected will only be used for processing residence admission. Personal data of unsuccessful applications will be kept for 6 months and thereafter safely disposed.
22. For enquiries, please call Student Affairs Office at (852) 2972-7365 / 2972-7373 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. The College reserves the right to interpret these guidelines and update information without prior notice. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
Student Residence Office
Student Affairs Office
17 April 2020