♦ Application Guide
- Applicants must enroll as a full-time undergraduate/ postgraduate of Chu Hai College of Higher Education.
- Details of Application:
|Application Period*||Application Method|
|29.04.2019 to 07.05.2019||Online Application|
*Late applications will NOT be accepted.
*For undergraduate students only, details for postgraduate’s application will be announced later.
- To apply, please submit supporting documents through online application：
- A copy of residential address proof document issued between September and November bearing the applicant’s name, such as bank statements or tenancy agreement. Applicants may also submit a copy of their parents’ residential address proof, such as a utility bill, together with a copy of an applicant’s birth certificate.
- An ID photo:
Image type: JEPG
File Size: 600Kbytes or below
Acceptable Dimension: Captured by scanner (600dpi) – Photograph size: 40mm (W) x 50mm (H)
Captured by digital camera – Image size: 1200px (W) x 1600px (H)
- Academic records certificate
- Other supporting documents (if any)
Remarks: The SAO will NOT process the application without a residential address proof.
- Applicants are advised to read “Rules and Regulations Governing Student Residence” before submitting their applications. If applicants decline an offer, the College will reserve the right to process their future applications.
- Residence admission results: Successful applicants will be notified of residence admission results via their student email on or before 16 May 2019 (Please be noticed that SAO may offer your second choice when first choice could not be entertained.)
- Payment instructions:Payment period of residence fees (Non-refundable): from 16 to 24 May 2019
- Residence Period:
Term 1: from 30 August 2019 to 19 December 2019
Term 2: from 20 December 2019 to 21 May 2020
- Check-in arrangements: 10:00-12:00 & 14:00-17:00 on 30 August 2019 at Glass Corridor
- Payment of residence fees (per person) in the Academic Year 2019-20:
|Room Types||Monthly rental||Daily
*(for a period less than a calendar month)
|Term 1 Fees||Term 2 Fees|
|(Residence fee, HKD1,000 residence deposit and HKD200 resident activity fee included)||(Residence fee, HKD200 resident activity fee included)|
(Single Bed and Bunk Bed)
- Payment of residence fees (per person) in the Academic Year 2019-20:A residence deposit of HKD1000 must be paid together with the residence fees. The residence deposit will be refunded after checking-out. The deposit will be forfeited for late check-out.
- A resident activity fee of HKD200 will be charged per 1st and 2nd term of the residence period. The Resident activity fee is payable for dormitory activities organized by the Student Affairs Office and is non-refundable irrespective of whether the resident attends any of these activities or not.
- Application for early check-out or extension of stay until 18 June 2020 is available for those with academic needs. Application must be filed one month in advance of original check-out date with supporting documents. Residence fees will be charged on a daily basis.
- Residence fees are non-refundable and non-transferable in the case of deferment or withdrawal from the College.
- With medical certificate, residents who are unfit to live in the residence due to health conditions may apply for termination of residence. Such applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Residence admission is allocated based on a Point System. The College reserves the right to allocate the admission.
|Travelling time between the College and the applicant’s home. Please refer to the fastest travelling time (*except special departures) via the “Hong Kong eTransport” website at www.hketransport.gov.hk/.||70|
|Applicant’s participation in college activities (with supporting documents)||20|
|Student Union (3 points will be achieved per academic year)||12|
|Academic Associations (2.5 points will be achieved per academic year)||10|
|Interest Groups (2 points will be achieved per academic year)||8|
|Varsity (2 points will be achieved per academic year)||8|
|Year to Promote||10|
- By discretion and with supporting documents, a maximum of 10 bonus points will be given to applicants with outstanding GPA, awards and on or off campus voluntary service. (If applicable)
- Application for residence due to medical needs must be submitted together with a medical certificate. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Results of room and bed place assignment (students with rental paid) will be released while checking in. Request for room or bed place swapping will not be entertained unless special condition.
- Unsuccessful applicants in the first round will be placed on the waiting list according to their score. Notification will be made on or before 23 August 2019 when vacancies arise.
- Applicants are responsible to inform the Student Affairs Office immediately of any modification on their applications. Incomplete information or submission of supporting documents as required will not be processed.
- Personal Information Collection Statement: personal data collected will only be used for processing residence admission. Personal data of unsuccessful applications will be kept for 6 months and thereafter destroyed.
- For enquiries, please call Student Affairs Office at (852) 2972-7366 / 2972-7365 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The College reserves the right to interpret these guidelines and update information without prior notice. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
Student Affairs Office
29 April 2019