SEN support services
Chu Hai College of Higher Education (CHCHE) has been committed to cultivate an inclusive and harmonious learning environment for all students. Students with special educational needs (SEN) are encouraged to disclose their SEN background to the school so that an appropriate adjustment may be taken as soon as possible. Information disclosed will be handled strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to any third party without students’ consent.
The following are some services and resources that CHCHE provides:
Some of the barrier-free facilities equipped/built on campus are:
- Emergency call alarms are installed in disabled toilets;
- Tactile guide paths are installed on campus;
- Lifts designed for the disabled are installed with Braille markings on the lift control panels.
Special examination arrangements
We offer a range of examination accommodations based on your special learning condition. If you wish to apply for special exam arrangements, you may contact SAO for further details. Special exam arrangements may include:
- Extended time for examinations;
- Separate examination room;
- Short breaks/time-outs in the middle of the exam;
- No penalties for spelling & grammatical errors.
We would also like to enhance students’ campus life experience and equip students with intrapersonal qualities. Students are welcome to make appointments with our counselor to talk about their concerns, difficulties, and relationship matters. Please click here to get more information about our counselling service.