The Civil Service Bureau has organised the Internship Programme for Non-ethnic Chinese (NEC) Students 2024 (“the Programme”) for NEC students since 2019 with a view to helping them accumulate work experience and enhance their competitiveness for employment. So far, over 140 NEC students have participated in the Programme.
The Programme is now open for application. Please see the details below.
- Selected students will have their internship in different Government bureaux and departments.
- The internship placements will generally involve providing administrative support in the day-to-day operation of the bureau/department and/or implementation of projects.
- Some of the placements may also specifically relate to the provision of public service to NEC communities in Hong Kong so that the interns can give play to their strengths in the knowledge of NEC languages and cultures.
- Permanent resident status in the HKSAR
- People who are mix-raced with one parent of Chinese ethnic origin are regarded as non-ethnic Chinese, but not for overseas Chinese (i.e. both parents are of Chinese ethnic origin)
- Full-time undergraduate studies at the local degree-awarding higher education institutions and nominated by their respective institution
- Preferably be non-final year students
|17 June 2024- 9 August 2024 OR 2 July 2024- 23 August 2024
|Interested students should submit the following documents in softcopies to email@example.com on or before 14 February 2024 (Wednesday). Please send in one single PDF with file name “NEC2024_Student Name_Student ID”.
- A completed application form
- Copy of Hong Kong Chu Hai College Academic Transcript (with latest GPA)
- Copy of public examination transcripts (i.e. HKDSE, IELTS)
** Please note that incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified through email to attend an interview in February 2024 (TBC) organised by Student Resources and Support Section of the Student Affairs Office. If you do not hear from us by end of February 2024, you may consider your application unsuccessful.
- Successful applicants will be informed of the details by May 2024 by the Government.
- Successful applicants, who will be employed on non-civil service terms by the HKSAR Government, are required to sign a declaration that they will uphold the Basic Law of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, bear allegiance to the HKSAR, be dedicated to their duties and be responsible to the HKSAR Government.
|Students who are interested in knowing more about the Programme may refer to the following links for details
Student Resources and Support Section
Student Affairs Office