Applicants must read through the Admission Policy of the Student Residential Hall and the hall application information below. Failure to comply will result in unsuccessful application.
For current students: 10 November to 25 November
For new local and non-local students: 10 November to 25 November
For exchange students: Please contact Student Affairs Office (SAO) by email (email@example.com) for application details
Full-time undergraduate student or two year full-time postgraduate student of Chu Hai College of Higher Education.
Applicants should abide by the rules and procedures on hall admission and allocation of hall, room type and room as stated in Students once admitted should comply with the Hall Regulations of respective hall and precautionary measures against COVID-19 pandemic , which may be revised by the University as and when necessary and appropriate from time to time.
Hall regulations website: https://sao.chuhai.edu.hk/rules-and-regulations/ Room types and charges
- Fall Semester (September): from 31 August 2022 to 22 December 2022
|Bed Type||Monthly rental||Residence
|HKD 2,200||HKD7,690||HKD1,000||HKD200||Around HKD8,890 per person|
(Single Bed and Bunk Bed)
|HKD 1,800||HKD6,420||HKD1,000||HKD200||Around HKD7,620 per person|
Spring Semester (January): from 23 December 2022 to 20 May 2023
Check-in date for Spring Semester 2022-23 is 9-10 January 2023
|Bed Type||Monthly rental||Residence
|HKD 2,200||HKD11,000||HKD1,000||HKD200||Around HKD12,200 per person|
(Single Bed and Bunk Bed)
|HKD 1,800||HKD9,000||HKD1,000||HKD200||Around HKD10,200 per person|
- Bedrooms are fully furnished. Each resident is assigned one single bed, a mattress, a 3-layer drawer pedestal, a wardrobe, a bookshelf, a desk, and a chair.
A resident activity fee of HKD200 will be charged per semester of the residence period. The resident activity fee is payable for hall activities organized by the SAO and is non-refundable irrespective of whether the resident attends any of these activities or not. Application Procedures & Tentative Schedule:
Applicants should pay attention to the application procedures and schedule and be responsible to contact with the SAO in case they do not receive the relevant email notification timely. Application, acceptance of hall offer and payment after the deadline will not be accepted.
Application timeline (Fall Semester):
Current students: 13 June to 3 July
New students including TPG students:
25 July to 12 August
|Applicants should receive an email confirming that their application has being successfully. If you do not receive the email in time, please contact SAO at 2972 7426.|
|Announcement of Hall application result
Current students: 18 July
New students: 19 August
|The application result and debit note will be sent to the student email of the applicant|
|Payment deadline of Hall Fee
Current students: 1 August
New students: 26 August
|Applicants should settle the debit note before the deadline, or their application will be cancelled automatically.|
|Check-in Date (tentative)
From 31 August onwards
|In view of the outbreak of COVID-19, the check-in procedures may be prolonged. Please follow the check-in date specified in the notification email.|
Withdrawal and refund policy
The SAO will seek replacement upon students’ withdrawal from residence. Students withdrawing must complete an application form at least FOURTEEN days prior to their date of departure for Hall Tutorial Team’s approval. For early withdrawal from residence, the paid lodging fees are not refundable, and no portion of outstanding lodging fees (if any) would be waived.
However, residents leaving Student Residential Hall for the following listed reasons are entitled to a refund on the unused portion of lodging fee:
- Medical reasons (documentation required)
- Official withdrawal from the college
- Special arrangement from the college resulting any postponement of check-in date, or any revocation of residential offer.
The unused portion of lodging fee is calculated on a half-monthly basis, depending on the following circumstances:
- If the departure date is on or before the 15th of the month (by 12:00), half of that monthly paid lodging fees will be refunded; otherwise, the paid lodging fees of that month are not refundable.
- If the departure date is on the check-out month, the half month of the paid lodging fees will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
- Under all circumstances, a minimum of FOURTEEN days of lodging fee is non-refundable.
Other points to note:
- After the refund amount is confirmed, it may take up to 6-8 weeks (about 2 months) for the Finance Office (FO) to complete the refund procedures.
- Residents who have vacated the room but still holding the room key or smart card would still be considered occupying the room.
- Unless otherwise advised by the college, residents are reminded to settle the full amount of their outstanding fees according to the due date on the debit note.
- Residence fees are non-refundable and non-transferable in the case of deferment or withdrawal from the College. Applicants are responsible to inform the Student Affairs Office immediately of any modification on their applications. Incomplete information or submission of required documents will result in the application not being processed.
- From Spring Semester 2022-23, the remaining value of the Resident Card will not be refunded.
Extension of residency
Residency before or after the residential period should be subject to approval of both SAO and Hall Tutorial Team (HTT), which is not guaranteed. Unless otherwise specified, students who have accepted the residency are allowed to stay in the Residential Hall until the end of the residential period, or the expiry date of student status as shown on the student card, or the official date of completion of studies as informed by the Faculty/Department, whichever is earlier. For any stay thereafter, which is not guaranteed and subject to extra charges, prior approval from the HTT must be sought.
Residents are allowed to check-in before the assigned earliest check-in date. However, resident must request to SAO in advance and state the exact check-in date with reasons if there is a need to check-in before the assigned check-in day. The lodging fees for this staying period are calculated on a daily basis. A maximum of 14 days of early check-in is allowed which is not guaranteed.
- Students may arrange to check-in after the assigned earliest check-in date. However, resident must request to SAO in advance and state the latest check-in date with reasons if there is a need to check-in later than 7 days after the assigned check-in day. The assigned place will be allocated to other students needed if resident do not check-in accordingly without prior approval. The paid lodging fees for this period are not refundable. Extension of residency after Expiry of Student Status (Current residents only)
Residents may be permitted to stay after the expiry of student status. DOUBLE CHARGE of lodging fee will be applied for the period after expiry of student status. If the calculated stay period is less than 14 days, half of the monthly lodging fee will be charged; if the calculated stay period is more than 14 days, a monthly lodging fee will be charged. Residential charges are subject to change, residents can refer to the latest notice for the updated charges.
Notes to applicants:
- Unsuccessful applicants will be placed on the waiting list and will be notified when there are vacancies. The waiting list will be dissolved by January 2023.
- The College reserves the right to interpret these guidelines and update information without prior notice. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- For enquiries, please call SAO at (852) 2972-7365 / 2972-7373 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link for hall application (Current students): Click here
Link for hall application (New students & exchange students): Click here