♦ Application Guide
- Applicants must enroll as a full-time undergraduate student or two year full-time postgraduate student of the Chu Hai College of Higher Education.
- Details of Application:
|Upcoming Application Period*||Application Method|
|Deadline: 14/5/2021||Online Application|
3. To apply, please submit the documents through online application：
- A copy of residential address proof document issued in the last 3 months bearing the applicant’s name, such as bank statements or tenancy agreement. Applicants may also submit a copy of their parents’ residential address proof, such as a utility bill, together with a copy of an applicant’s birth certificate. (*Non- local students who currently live in student dormitory please provide one of the following supporting documents: 1. Copy of resident card; 2. Copy of 2020-21 semester 2 residence fee receipt; 3. Copy of 2020-21 semester 2 residence fee debit note)
- Other supporting documents (if any)
4. Applicants are advised to read “Student Dormitory Rules and Regulations” before submitting their applications. If applicants decline an offer, the College will reserve the right not to process their future applications.
5. Residential Period :
Fall Semester (September): from 6 September 2021 to 22 December 2021
Spring Semester (January): from 23 December 2021 to 20 May 2022
6. Payment of residence fees (per person) in Academic Year 2020-21:
|Room Types||Monthly rental||Daily Rental*
*(for a period less than a calendar month)
|Fall Semester Fees||Spring Semester Fees|
|(Residence fee, HKD 1,000 residence deposit and HKD 200 resident activity fee included)||(Residence fee, HKD 200 resident activity fee included)|
|HKD 2,200||HKD 70||HKD8,890||HKD10,960|
(Single Bed and Bunk Bed)
|HKD 1,800||HKD 60||HKD7,620||HKD9,080|
7. Residence admission results: Successful applicants will be notified of residence admission results via student email on or before 31 May 2021
8. A resident activity fee of HKD200 will be charged per semester of the residence period. The resident activity fee is payable for dormitory activities organized by the Student Affairs Office and is non-refundable irrespective of whether the resident attends any of these activities or not.
9. Application for early check-out or extension of stay until 11 June 2022 is available for those with academic needs. Application must be filed one month in advance of original check-out date with supporting documents. Residence fees will be charged on a daily basis.
10. Residence fees are non-refundable and non-transferable in the case of deferment or withdrawal from the College.
11. With medical certificate, residents who are unfit to live in the Dormitory due to health conditions may apply for termination of residence. Such applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
12. For local students, residence admission is allocated based on a Point System. The College reserves the right to allocate the admission.
|Travelling time between the college and home of applicant. Please refer to the fastest travelling time (*except special departures) via the “Hong Kong eTransport” website at www.hketransport.gov.hk/.||70|
|Year to Promote||20|
|Applicant’s participation in college activities (with supporting documents)||Maximum 20 points|
|Student Union (3 points will be achieved per academic year)||Max. 12 points|
|Academic Associations (2.5 points will be achieved per academic year)||Max. 10 points|
|Interest Groups (2 points will be achieved per academic year)||Max. 8 points|
|Varsity (2 points will be achieved per academic year)||Max. 8 points|
13. By discretion and with supporting documents, a maximum of 10 bonus points will be given to applicants with outstanding GPA, awards and on or off campus voluntary service.
14. Application for residence due to medical needs must be submitted together with a medical certificate. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
15.Check-in arrangements for current non-local and local students will be scheduled on 6-7 September 2021.
16. Results of room and bed place assignment (students with rental paid) will be released while checking in. Request for room or bed place swapping will not be entertained unless special condition.
17. Unsuccessful applicants in the first round will be placed on the waiting list. Notification will be made when vacancies arise.
18. Applicants are responsible to inform the Student Affairs Office immediately of any modification on their applications. Incomplete information or submission of required documents will result in the application not being processed.
19. Personal Information Collection Statement: Personal data collected will only be used for processing residence admission. Personal data of unsuccessful applications will be kept for 6 months and thereafter destroyed.
20. For enquiries, please call Student Affairs Office at (852) 2972-7365 / 2972-7373 or email to email@example.com.
21. The College reserves the right to interpret these guidelines and update information without prior notice. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
Student Residence Office
Student Affairs Office
30 April 2021